Valentine’s Day has turned into a commercial mess.
Cards and candy and jewelry and overpriced dinners that you enjoy with a room full of 100 other strangers. Romantic, eh?
You know what is romantic?
That’s right, Mr. Darcy of Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”.
Jane Austen, the mother of the rom-com, creator of chic-lit, master of love and chivalry.
So this Valentine’s Day Eve, I bring to you, 10 shining moments of Mr. Darcy.
You are welcome. (*I apologize to my sis-in-law Tricia for not using the Colin Firth Darcy, but this version of P & P is my favorite).
10. Flirting, Mr. Darcy style.
9. She went to Pemberly. He was home.
8. Compliments, back in the good ole days.
7. Coming to his senses. Unrequited.
6.That first dance. Not quite today’s pop music Valentine’s Day teen angst dances.
5. Just…yes. I’ll take this scene over any 50 Shades….
4. They should bring back this phrase.
3. Arguing in the rain is a lost art….
2. First Proposal. Even though he was turned down, damn. My favorite scene.
1. Second, more successful proposal.
Have a great crazy day!